…is transected with peaks and gullies.
In the past 24 hours, I have:
- received my first copy of “The Shadow of Tyr” with its lovely comment from Karen Miller – a superb writer and a bestseller herself – and I just love it. I keep stroking the cover…
- been told by my agent that my German contract has been cancelled. I’d signed the contract, and been paid the initial advance – and then the editor involved left and no one has picked up the baton. Sigh. Especially distressing as the German reading public loved “Havenstar” and were very supportive.
- received my Voyager diary for 2008 which is just gorgeous and full of zany quotes and idiocies from the Voyager-Australia authors, including myself. Buy a load of Voyager books in December in Oz and you will probably get a free copy…
- seen a stack of copies of “Heart of Mirage” Orbit edition on sale in MPH MidValley Kuala Lumpur. Hey, I am still kid enough to be thrilled by things like that. (So whaddya waiting for, KLites? Get down there!! I suspect it is also available in Borders and Kinokuniya, but I haven’t looked.)
- received my Russian contract for “The Tainted“. They have a 5,000 initial hardback print run too. I am dying to see the cover.
- received my Russian advance.
Actually that’s a lot of peaks to only one gully.
I am a lucky son of a gun.
And, oh yeah, another gully – most of the photos on my Cameron Highlands post have mysteriously vanished. Huh? How did that happen? I shall put them up again.