This is a meme of sorts, started by John Scalzi over at Whatever.
So, 10 things I’ve done that you (probably) have not, if you had any sense…
- Administered a correspondence course for GP doctors when I know nothing whatsoever about medicine.
- Worn a T-shirt that was (while I was wearing it) admired by Queen Noor of Jordan.
- Walked 20 – 30 kms up the Headhunter’s Trail in Sarawak wearing a shoe which had the sole held on only by elastic bands.
- Killed a cobra with a broomstick.
- Survived 30-40 wasp stings (all at the same time, in the middle of a mangrove swamp).
- Slept in a thoroughly decadent baroque bedroom with chandeliers and a mirrored ceiling overhead, quite unconscious of the fact that a revolution had just started in the country I was in…
- Took my daughter’s in-laws to a Balinese brothel in the middle of the night thinking it was a karaoke bar
- Got (thoroughly) beaten to the top of a 13,455′ (4101m) high mountain by the youngest person to have ever climbed it independently (my daughter, aged 8 at the time) .
- Swum with wild penguins (and no wet suit either).
- Had a Vice-President of Iran to dinner in my house, for which I did the cooking…