I am trying to catch up on all the things that need doing after being so long away- in the field, at the con, etc. I answered about 70 emails yesterday, and I am still not finished.
Anyway, here’s some more photos from my project-work trip: Poring Hot Springs area, which is part of Kinabalu Park.
One of the lovely things about the rainforest is the contrast – you go from being overwhelmed by the grandeur to being enraptured by the perfection of the tiny…
- Some of the accommodation
- We set off up one of the trails: waterfalls and streams…
- Distance view, framed by wild banana and wild ginger – far below we can see our starting point at the Poring Pk HQ
- Poring means bamboo in the local language, and there are huge bamboo forests here, interspersed with strangler fig trees…
- Resting on the buttress of a fig tree on our way up one of the hill trails
- A piece of walking fungus…no, actually an insect, viewed from above
- Same insect, side view